(1) She is bigger then me. (X)
(2) I will come than. (X)
(3) I ate dinner, and then I cleaned up. (O)
(4) I have more money than my sister. (O)
(5) Back than, I took the bus. (X)
2. Then (adv.) 那么、然后、当时
– often at beginning or end
– sequence / time 通常和时间与次序有关
(1) First I rented the movies. Then I watched all three LOTRs back to back.
(2) We didn’t have the internet back then. 我们那时候并没有网际网路。
(3) Every now and then, I look at my photo albums. 我偶尔会看看我的相簿。
3. Than (conj.) 比较(comparative)、与其
– more than 比……多
– less than 比……少
– ______er than 比……还要……
– rather than 而不是……
(1) Wolverine is better than Cyclops. 《金钢狼》比《独眼怪》还要好。
(2) It cost more money than I thought. 这件物品所要花的钱，比我想像中的还要多。
(1) I went to the store to buy milk. ____ I realized I forgot my wallet at home.
(2) Every now and ____, I buy Smarties.
(3) Abdul is funnier ____ Frank.
(4) Vegetables are more expensive in the Yukon ____ Toronto.