英语美文欣赏,英语美文欣赏小短文?

英语美文欣赏,英语美文欣赏小短文?
经典英语美文欣赏?
已邀请:

MI_愿予必成

赞同来自:

 英语美文:Today is a New Day今天是新的一天(范文)
 
A New Day
 
The sun has begun to set and I hang up the smile I’ve worn all day, though I will make sure it is the first thing I put back on in the morning just in case it is “that day.” I want her to see me at my very best.

太阳将要下山,我收起挂了一天的微笑,不过我会确保明天早上第一件事就是将它又挂回去,以防这天就是“那一天”。我希望她看到我的最佳状态。

I do the normal routine, eat dinner, clean the house, write—the usual stuff. And then I lay down hoping to fall asleep quickly so my new day will hurry up and arrive. A new day with a brand new sun. But as I lay there and wait for the world to turn half way around, I think about her. And sometimes I smile, and sometimes that smile will turn into asnicker, and then often that snicker will turn into a burst of laughter.

我按平时的规律吃晚餐、打扫屋子、写作——做着日常事务。然后我躺下,希望能快点入睡,新的一天就能快点到来——拥有新生太阳的崭新的一天。可当我躺在那儿,等待着世界的日夜回转时,我想到了她。有时我会笑起来,有时那微笑变成了窃笑,然后窃笑又常常变成爆笑。

And then there are times I get that lump in my throat and that tight feeling in my chest, and sometimes that feeling overwhelms me and begins to turn into a tear, and often that tear multiplies itself and I can no longer fight the feeling and I lose the battle. Then somehow through either the joy or the sadness I drift and find myself asleep. Then the dreams begin and keep me company until my new day arrives.

也有些时候,我的喉咙像是被一块东西哽住了,胸口发闷;有时那种伤感席卷而来,我开始流泪,眼泪常常越流越多,我再也无力抵抗悲伤,败下阵来。然后不知怎的,我在或喜悦或悲伤中飘荡,逐渐入眠。然后梦境开始伴我左右,直至新的一天到来。

When I awake it’s with such excitement because I tell myself this could be the day that every other day has led up to and the first day of the rest of my life. I quickly don my smile because I do so want her to see me at my very best. Then I look out the window because, even though I know it’s dawn, I still have to confirm I’ve been given another chance to find her.

醒来时,我兴奋不已,因为我告诉自己今天也许就是之前其他日子为之打下基础的“那一天”,是我余生的第一天。我迅速挂上微笑,因为我真的很想让她看到我的最佳状态。然后我朝窗外看去,因为即使我知道现在才刚刚破晓,我仍得确定自己可以与她再次邂逅。

And there it is…the sun, even when it’s cloudy; somehow I still see it. And it smiles at me and I say, “Thank you,” and I smile back.

它在那里……太阳,虽然还是云雾重重,但我还是看到它了。它朝我微笑,我道了声“谢谢”,回以一笑。

Then I ask myself, “Is this the day?” And the excitement rushes over me again. And then I ask myself, “Where’s it going to be?”

然后我问自己:“今天就是那一天吗?”兴奋之情再次充溢全身。然后我问自己:“它会在哪里呢?”

Maybe it’ll be at the water fountain, and, unexpectedly, there I’ll find her, and much more than my thirst will be quenched. Maybe it’ll be at the grocery store and there she’ll appear as I’m picking out fruit, and she’ll show me the difference between fresh and spoiled. Then, from that moment, nothing that I eat will ever taste the same because she’ll bring out the simplest beauties in everything I see, taste, smell, hear, or touch.

也许它会藏在饮水机里,没想到我真能在那里找到她,为我生津止渴,取之不尽。也许它会躲在杂货店里,我拿起水果的时候,她就出现了,她会给我展示新鲜和变质的不同。然后,从那一刻开始,我所尝到的一切味道不再一样,因为但凡我看到的、尝到的、闻到的、听到的或摸到的东西,她都带出了它们最简单的美丽。

Or maybe today will be the day when my angel brings an item up to the cash register without its price tag. And as I wait behind this angel with all the frustrated people who are in such a hurry with their busy lives, I will find myself with such blessed extra time. Just enough time to start a conversation with this beautiful vision standing in front of me that I might not otherwise have noticed, but, because of a “price check on register 5,” I was able to find her.

或许就在今天,我的天使把一件没有价格标签的商品拿到收银台。我在天使身后排队,看着身心疲惫的人们忙忙碌碌地过日子,庆幸自己得到了这样的额外时间,让我可以和面前的倩影闲聊一会儿,否则我也许会错过,但只因为一句“请到5号收银台付款”,我就能找到她。

Thank you for the sun, which began my new day. Thank you for granting me the faith when I arose this morning that I would find her in this new day. But most of all, thank you for me not having to ever wait on another sunrise because whenever I want to see it, I will look at her and there it shall always be, in her eyes; she will forever hold it for me.

感谢太阳,它是新一天的开始。感谢你让我今早一起床就满怀信心,知道自己能在这新的一天找到她。但最要感谢的是我不必再等下一个日出,因为无论我想何时看到它,我都可以看向她,它总会出现在她的双眸里;她永远为我留着。

YourSail

赞同来自:

If You Could Choose

If you could choose what kind of world to live in, what kind of world would you choose? If you could decide what would happen tomorrow, with what kinds of things would you fill it?

If you had the power to decide what types of opportunities would come your way, what opportunities would you select? If you knew that your experiences would match your expectations, what would your expectations be?

In fact, you do have the power to choose your own way. You do have the ability to decide what kinds of events, experiences, opportunities and circumstances come your way.

The world you experience is the world that your dreams, your thoughts, your expectations and your actions most closely resonate. The world you see and live in is the world you most sincerely expect to see.

The universe is filled with endless possibilities, and those possibilities keep growing with every minute. The way you live determines which of those possibilities will come into your life.

With your thoughts, your actions, your values, your dreams and expectations, you choose what kind of world you live in. The way you live is closely mirrored in the world you see.

翻译:如果你可以选择

英语励志短文带翻译:如果你可以选择在什么样的世界里生活,那么你将会选择怎样的世界呢?如果你可以决定明日之事,你将会怎样充实它呢?

倘若你有力量决定自己的机遇,你会怎样选择呢?倘若你知道你的经历会如你所愿,那么你会如何期待呢?

事实上,你有能力选择你要走的路。是你自己决定你将要做的事、英语短文你将获得的经历、你将得到的机会和你将置身其中的环境。

你体验的这个世界和你的梦想、思维、期待甚至行为产生共鸣。你看到的世界和你时下生活的这个世界就是你真心期待见到的世界。

这个宇宙充满了无限的可能,这些可能每一分钟都在增加。你的生活方式决定了何种可能性会来到你的世界。

你所选择生活的世界取决于你的想法,你的作为,你秉持的价值理念,你的梦想还有对未来的期待。你有什么样的世界观就会有什么样的生活方式。
 
有哲理的英语小短文欣赏

I recently started a new job, in a small office, where four of us share a fridge. In that fridge is a Brita water filter pitcher. One of my coworkers complained the water tasted "dirty". It went on for a few days, and she was stunned I could drink the water without any trouble. I started to doubt my taste buds, but the water really tasted fine.

最近我找了份新工作,是在一间小办公室里,我们四个人共用一个冰箱。冰箱里有一个Brita牌滤水壶,有一个同事抱怨说水喝起来感觉很“脏”,她连续抱怨了几天,还很震惊我喝这样的水竟然没事。我开始怀疑自己的味蕾出问题了,但我真觉着水喝着还不错。
 
I can't help but think about the world we live in. Too often we quickly blame other people, other things, anything else but ourselves. "You're racist". "You're intolerant". "You're the problem". The world isn't perfect, I know, but I think we should take a step back sometimes and ask ourselves some tough questions.

我禁不住思考了我们生活的世界,我们总是急于责备其他人、其他事、除了自己之外的一切东西。“你有种族歧视”、“你太狭隘”、“是你的问题”,我知道世界并不完美,但我认为有时我们应该退一步,问自己几个很难回答的问题。
 
 

Ranpeki

赞同来自:

If I should meet thee
After long years,
How should I greet thee?
With silence and tears.

若我再见到你,
事隔经年,
我该如何贺你?
以沉默,以眼泪。

——拜伦
 
Time doth transfix the flourish set on youth
And delves the parallels in beauty’s brow,
Feeds on the rarities of nature’s truth,
And nothing stands but for his scythe to mow

时间会刺破青春的华美精致
会把平行线刻上美人的额角
他会吞噬稀世珍宝、天生丽质
没有什么能逃得过它横扫的镰刀

----莎士比亚《十四行诗》第六十首
 
I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
———《arrow and the shot 》

我将一支箭射向天空,却不知它落入何方。----朗费罗<箭与歌>
这是美国航空界存在的一句很有名的诗歌。

There are more things in heaven and earth than you've ever dreamed of ,Horatio.

天地之大,赫瑞修,比你所能梦想到的更多。
———出自莎剧对白《哈姆雷特》第一幕第五场

南明有鳽

赞同来自:

英语美文赏析《面朝大海,春暖花开》

Facing the Sea With Spring Blossoms

—HaiZi

面朝大海,春暖花开

海子

From tomorrow on,I will be a happy man.
从明天起,做一个幸福的人

Grooming,chopping and traveling all over the world.
喂马,劈柴,周游世界

From tomorrow on,I will care foodstuff and vegetable.
从明天起,关心粮食和蔬菜

Living in a house towards the sea, with spring blossoms.
我有一所房子,面朝大海,春暖花开

From tomorrow on,write to each of my dear ones.
从明天起,和每一个人通信

Telling them of my happiness.
告诉他们我的幸福

What the lightening of happiness has told me.
那幸福的闪电告诉我的

I will spread it to each of them.
我将告诉每一个人

Give a warm name for every river and every mountain.
给每一条河每一座山取一个温暖的名字

Strangers,I will also wish you happy.
陌生人,我也为你祝福

May you have a brilliant future!
愿你有一个灿烂的前程

May you lovers eventually become spouses!
愿有情人终成眷属

May you enjoy happiness in this earthly world!
愿你们在尘世获得幸福

I only wish to face the sea, with spring blossoms.
我只愿面朝大海,春暖花开

保持距离的围观ing

赞同来自:

《我的心在那高原》

My heart's in the highlands, my heart is not here;

My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer;

Chasing the wild deer, and following the roe

My heart's in the highlands wherever i go.

Farewell to the highlands, farewell to the north!

The birthplace of valour, the country of worth;

Wherever i wander, wherever I rove,

The hills of the highlands for ever I love.

Farewell to the mountains high covered with snow!

Farewell to the straths and green valleys below!

Farewell to the forests and wild-hanging woods!

Farewell to the torrents and loud-pouring floods!

My heart's in the highlands, my heart is not here;

My heart's in the highlands, a-chasing the deer;

Chasing the wild deer, and following the roe

My heart's in the highlands wherever I go.

美文翻译

我的心在那高原,在追赶鹿群;

追赶着野鹿,跟踪着獐鹿,

我的心在那高原,无论我走到哪里。

再见了,高原,再见了,北方!

敬爱的家园,英雄的故乡;

无论我在哪里漂泊流浪,

高原的群山,永远在我心上!

再见了,白雪皑皑高耸的群山,

再见了,山下的河谷,青翠的山涧;

再见了,参天的大树,丛生的森林,

再见了,汹涌的激流,雷鸣的浪涛!

我的心在那高原,我的心不在这里,

我的心在那高原,在追赶鹿群;

追赶着野鹿,跟踪着獐鹿,

我的心在那高原,无论我走到哪里!

黑翼白墨

赞同来自:

不逼自我一把,你不明白自我到底有多强大
You don't know how strong you are without pushing yourself。

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png


回忆美好
Try to remember the good things

06.png

07.png

 
Everyone has that period in which they find those who are close to them start to seem annoying .
每个人都会经历这样的时期:发现身边那些亲近的人开始变得有点烦了。

You suddenly realized that they've always been talking and talking.
你会突然意识到,长久以来他们就一直不停地在说啊说。

They never stopped.
他们从来就没有停过。

Some of us get angry with them, thinking they are trying too hard to intervene in our lives.
我们中的有些人,会开始变得愤怒,觉得他们对我们的生活介入太多。

But don't.
但是,请不要愤怒。

Only those who really care about you will bother saying so much to you.
只有那些真正关心我们的人才会费劲对我们说这么多。

It's just that maybe they don't know the right way to put it.
只是,他们可能并不知道正确的相处办法。

Some of them push too hard because they care too much.
他们中有些人逼得太紧,那是因为他们太在乎。

Some of them speak too much because they worry about you too much.
他们中的有些人说得太多,那是因为他们太担心你。

They do this because they love you.
他们这么做,都是因为爱你。

So don't push them away.
所以,不要将他们拒于千里之外。

Just find a way to let them know what you truly want.
去找一个办法告诉他们你真的想要的是什么吧。

And let them grow with you.
并且去让他们和你一起成长。

That will make both of you happy.
那会让你们双方都过得幸福。

DIU我要练肌肉

赞同来自:

永远的朋友

"A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out."
"别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。"
Sometimes in life,
有时候在生活中,

You find a special friend;
你会找到一个特别的朋友;

Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.
他只是你生活中的一部分内容,却能改变你整个的生活。

Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop;
他会把你逗得开怀大笑;

Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.
他会让你相信人间有真情。

Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it.
他会让你确信,真的有一扇不加锁的门,在等待着你去开启。

This is Forever Friendship.
这就是永远的友谊。

when you're down,
当你失意,

and the world seems dark and empty,
当世界变得黯淡与空虚,

Your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark and empty world
suddenly seem bright and full.
你真正的朋友会让你振作起来,原本黯淡、空虚的世界顿时变得明亮和充实。

Your forever friend gets you through the hard times,the sad times,and the confused times.
你真正的朋友会与你一同度过困难、伤心和烦恼的时刻。

If you turn and walk away,
你转身走开时,

Your forever friend follows,
真正的朋友会紧紧相随,

If you lose you way,
你迷失方向时,

Your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.
真正的朋友会引导你,鼓励你。

Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay.
真正的朋友会握着你的手,告诉你一切都会好起来的。

And if you find such a friend,
如果你找到了这样的朋友,

You feel happy and complete,
你会快乐,觉得人生完整,

Because you need not worry,
因为你无需再忧虑。

Your have a forever friend for life,
你拥有了一个真正的朋友,

And forever has no end.
永永远远,永无止境。
 
孩子的礼物

It was Christmas 1961. I was teaching in a small town in Ohio where my twenty seven thirdgraders eagerly anticipated the great day of gifts giving.
那是1961年的圣诞节。我在俄亥俄州的一个小镇上教小学三年级。班上27个孩子都在热切盼望着这个互赠礼品、激动人心的日子到来。

Each day the children produced some new wonder—strings of popcorn, hand made trinkets, and German bells made from wallpaper samples, which we hung from the ceiling. Through it all she remained aloof, watching from afar, seemingly miles away. I wondered what would happen to this quiet child, once so happy, now so suddenly withdrawn. I hoped the festivitieswould appeal to her. But nothing did.
每天孩子们都会做点儿新玩意——爆米花串成的细链子、手工做的小装饰品和墙纸做的德国式风铃,我们把这些风铃挂在了天花板上。但自始至终,她都是孤零零地远远观望,仿佛是隔了一道几里长的障碍。我猜想着这个安静的孩子发生了什么事,原先是那么快乐,怎么突然变得沉默寡言起来。我希望节日的活动能吸引她,可还是无济于事。

The day of gift giving finally came. We oohed and aahed over our handiwork as the presents were exchanged. Through it all, she sat quietly watching. I had made a special pouch for her, red and green with white lace. I wanted very much to see her smile. She opened the package so slowly and carefully. I waited but she turned away.
赠送礼物的那天终于到了。在交换礼物时我们为对方亲手做的小礼品不停地欢呼叫好。而整个过程中,她只是安静地坐在那儿看着。我为她做的小袋很特别,红绿相间还镶着白边。我非常想看到她笑一笑。她打开包装,动作又慢又小心。我等待着,但是她却转过了身。

After school the children left in little groups, but she lingered, watching them go out the door. I sat down to catch my breath, hardly aware of what was happening when she came to me withoutstretched hands, bearing a small white box, unwrapped and slightly soiled, as though it had been held many times by unwashed, childish hands. "For me?" I asked with a weak smile. She said not a word, but nodded her head. I took the box and gingerly opened it. There inside,glistening green, lay a golden chain. In a flash I knew—she had made it for her mother, a mother she would never see again, a mother who would never hold her or brush her hair or share a funny story, a mother who would never again hear her childish joys or sorrows. A mother who had taken her own life just three weeks before.
放学后,学生们三三两两地离开了,但她磨磨蹭蹭,看着大家走出门外。我坐下来稍稍松了口气,对要发生的事没有一点准备。这时她向我走来,双手拿着一个白色的盒子向我递过来。盒子没有打包装,稍微有些脏,好像是被孩子未洗过的小手摸过了许多遍。“给我的吗?”我微微一笑。她没出声,只是点点头。我接过盒子,非常小心地打开它。盒子里面有一条金色的链子,闪闪发光。我在一瞬间明白过来——这是她为妈妈做的项链,她再也见不到的妈妈,再也不能抱她、给她梳头或一起讲故事的妈妈。她的妈妈再也不能分享她童年时光的快乐和忧伤。就在三个星期前她的妈妈离开了人世。

I held out the chain. She took it in both her hands, reached forward, and secured the simpleclasp at the back of my neck. She stepped back then as if to see that all was well. I looked down at the golden chain, then back at the giver, "Maria, it is so beautiful. She would have loved it." Neither of us could stop the tears. She stumbled into my arms and we wept together. And for that brief moment I became her mother, for she had given me the greatest gift of all: herself.
我拿起那条链子。她用双手接过它,向前探了探身,在我的脖子后把简易的项链钩系好。然后她向后退了几步,好像在看看是否合适。我低下头看着金色的链子,然后抬起头望着她,说道:“玛丽亚,这链子真漂亮。你妈妈一定会喜欢的。”我们已无法抑制住泪水。她踉踉跄跄地扑进我的怀里,我们都哭了。在那短暂的一刻我成为她的妈妈,因为她把一份最珍贵的礼物送给了我:她自己。
 

zzLzsj

赞同来自:

A Blooming Tree 
一颗开花的树


—— by Xi Murong 
席慕容

May Buddha let us meet in my most beautiful hours,
如何让你遇见我,在我最美丽的时刻,

I have prayed for it for five hundred years.
为这我已在佛前求了五百年。

Buddha made me a tree,
佛于是把我化做一棵树。

By the path you may take.
长在你必经的路旁。

In full blossoms I'm waiting in the sun,
阳光下慎重地开满了花,

Every flower carrying my previous hope.
朵朵都是我前世的盼望。

As you are near,
当你走近,

Listen carefully,
请你细听,

The quivering leaves are my waiting zeal,
颤抖的叶是我等待的热情,

As you pass by the tree without noticing me.
而你终于无视地走过。

My friend,
朋友啊,

Upon the ground behind you,
在你身后落了一地的,

Is not the fallen petals
那不是花瓣

But my withered heart.
是我调零的心。

 
If I knew
假如我知道


  If I knew it would be the last time I'd see you fall asleep,  
假如我知道这是最后一次看到你进入梦乡,

  I would tuck you in more tightly and "pray the lord , your soul to keep".  
我会给你掖紧被子,并“祈求上的,让你的灵魂常在”。 

 If I knew it would be the last time I'd see you walk out the door,  
假如我知道这将是你最后一次迈出家门,

  I would give you a hug and kiss you, and call you back for more. 
我会亲吻你,拥抱你,一遍遍地唤着你回来。

  If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise. 
 假如我知道这将是最后一次听到你在赞扬中高亢的声音, 

 I would video tape each action and word , so I could play them back day after day. 
 我会记录下你每一句言语,每一个动作,这样我可以日日地不停播放。

  If I knew it would be the last time I could spare an extra minute or so to stop and say"I love you, "instead of assuming you would know I do.  
假如我知道这将是最后一次说“我爱你”,我会留出时间或者停下手头的工作告诉你,而不会自负的认为你已经知道。

  If I knew it would be the last time I would be there so share you day,  
假如我知道这是最后的光阴,我会在你身边。

  I'm sure you'll have so many more, so I can let just this one slip away. 
 我总以为你还有很多的时光,所以总让这天静静地流走。

  For surely there's slways tomorrow to make up for an oversight, and certainly there's another chance to make everthing right.  因为我总认为还有明天可以去弥补遗漏,我们还有下一次机会会使所有的事变得美好。 

 There will always be another day, to say "I love you", and certainly there's another chance to say our"anything I can do?" 
 总想还有另一个时刻,说“我爱你”,也总认为还有下一个机会,去说“你有什么要帮忙的吗?”

  But, just in case I might be wrong, and today is all I get,  然而,万一我错了,我只能拥有今天, 

 I'd like to say how much I love you, and I hope we never forget.  
我好想说一千一万遍“我爱你”,让我们永生不忘。

  Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike, and today may be the last chance you get to hold your love tight. 
 明天从没给任何人承诺,不过是年轻人还是老年人。今天也许是你最后一次机会紧紧拥抱你的爱人。 

So, if you'er waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today? 
 所以,如果你等待明天,为什么不在今天行动?

  For, if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret the day...  因为,如果明天用不到来,你必将为今天而后悔…… 

 That you didn't take that extra time for a smile, a huge, or a kiss, and you were too busy to grant someone, what turned out to be their one last wish.  
你后悔没有抽出更多的时间去拥抱、微笑、亲吻。后悔自己太过忙碌,没有能帮别人实现他最后的心愿。

that you love them very much and you'll always hold them dear.  所以,紧紧拥抱你的爱人吧,就在今天,对他们耳语,你深深的爱他们,并永远珍惜他们。

  Take time to say"I'm sorry", "please forgive me", "thank you"or""it's okay. 
 抽出一些时间说“对不起”、“请原谅”、“谢谢”或者“没关系”吧。 

 And if tomorrow never comes, you'll have no regrets about today.  
即使明天永远不能到来,你也不会为今天而后悔。

要回复问题请先登录注册